Have you ever wondered why some people can eat anything they want without gaining weight?
They usually have a high LEPTIN level in their body (see research done at the Rockefeller Institute and the University of Philadelphia).
LEPTIN IS – A PROTEIN HORMONE THAT:
- prevents the body from storing FAT.
- controls hunger and cravings.
- is formed in the fat cells
- regulates food intake and expenditure
- provides the body with an index of nutritional status.
- controls the whole FAT-metabolism.
- If your LEPTIN level is LOW your body tends to store food as fat and you don’t feel satisfied easily.
LEPTIN CAN BE LOWERED BY:
- HORMONAL CHANGES (in women)
- HORMONAL MEDICATION (birth control pills, HRT, cortisone, etc..)
- STRESS AND ANXIETY
- CERTAIN ANTIBIOTICS
- LONG OPERATIONS (the anaesthetics)
- EMOTIONAL TRAUMA
- PHYSICAL SHOCK (car accident)
- CERTAIN VIRAL INFECTIONS
- UNHEALTHY EATING HABITS
- GENETIC FACTORS
YOUR LEPTIN LEVEL CAN BE RESTORED BY:
A combination of the RIGHT SUPPLEMENTS and a nutritionally BALANCED EATING ‘PLAN’ – this takes a ‘load’ off the body which enables it to form it’s own fresh LEPTIN again and/or utilize its existing LEPTIN properly (see supplements).
This will give you much better control over your eating habits.